Thursday, September 13, 2012

Worship & Washing Wednesdays








I have never had more fun washing clothes!!!! Laundry in America just plain blows in comparison!!! There is a spring fed creek in Pandan where people go to wash their clothes and wash themselves sometimes! The Kennys have created a "Worship and Washing" on Wednesdays where they bring worship music down to the area and everyone who wants to comes and washes their clothes! How fun!!!

Most of us probably assume that the filipinos are just dirty because they lives in bamboo huts. BUT let me tell you- their clothes are washed sooooo incredibly well that I am convinced they are more efficient than a washing machine!!! I was learning how to wash my clothes and Ate Alma just laughed at me internally I think (she's too sweet to laugh out loud). She re-cleaned all the ones i cleaned- so I stuck to the rinsing duty until I am better at it :) Anyways- they use detergent bars and SCRUB the outside, then flip it inside out and SCRUB the inside, then rinse and repeat!!! No wonder their clothes are so thin by now!!! Oh- by the way, washing can take up to 2-4 hours and by the looks of it- everyone of every age helps! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment