Thursday, November 29, 2012

Progress

Progress Progress Progress

Day 6 is underway on the house and it is looking like a real home! :) Praise the Lord!

God is so good. When we started this whole project, I had budgeted for $350 based on Mimay's house we just completed (which already had a foundation set). Money came in and in and I ended up with $1,100 for the house! I even emailed some people back and told them we didn't need any more money- but God knew better than me. We are already up to $845.87 on the house and still going to look into electricity. God is so good and He provides regardless of my intentions ;) So thank you all!!

Good and bad news:
Bad News: baby Elroy (the son of my filipino momma- Alma) is in the hospital with an amoeba! :(
Good news: Ate Alma and her husband asked me to be Elroy's godmother :)


End of day 4

Putting up the bamboo weave walls (amakan)

My favorite job :)

Shaving down the bamboo flooring (kawayan)

Preparing the bamboo flooring... 5 blisters from this job!

Dont' look too close or you will notice how i'm still very american in that i sweat so bad here ;)

Teamwork all around :)

Upcoming Events

Mass wedding is today! Been running around like crazy today- bt the whole town is pulling together ot help! we will get to celebrate the marriage of 11 couples today! five pigs were killed and roasted last night (til 3 am- i could still hear them squealing- it was awful).

Dagoldol Family Party: The Dagoldol's are a family here in Pandan that have really taken me in. They make up about half of this town ;) They are so precious. They have taken me in as a daughter (even refer to me as whithney binder dagoldol ;)) Yes, they spell my name like that too ;) Anyways, they planned a going away party for me today. It is so formal! They made a program for it and are preforming dances and singing songs for me! Then they all are giving testimonies about my time here- and i have to give a short talk. how incredibly precious is that?! I am definitely leaving part of my heart in Pandan! 

No comments:

Post a Comment